Edward Scissorhands is a cult classic movie directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp as the titular character. The movie tells the story of a gentle and misunderstood man who has scissors for hands and falls in love with a suburban girl. The movie is a dark and romantic fantasy that explores themes of isolation, creativity, and acceptance.
One of the most iconic aspects of the movie is the Edward Scissorhands costume, which consists of a black leather bodysuit with belts, buckles, and straps, a messy black wig, and of course, the scissor blades that attach to the fingers. The costume is a perfect choice for Halloween, cosplay, or any occasion that requires a unique and memorable outfit.
How to Make Your Own Edward Scissorhands Costume
If you want to create your own Edward Scissorhands costume, you will need some materials and tools, such as:
- A black leather or faux leather jacket and pants, or a one-piece bodysuit
- A black wig or hair dye
- Scissors, pliers, wire, and duct tape
- Aluminum foil or cardboard
- Black gloves
- Black boots
- Black makeup
Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: The Scissor Blades
The most important part of the costume is the scissor blades. You can make them by cutting out pieces of aluminum foil or cardboard in the shape of scissors and attaching them to the fingers of the gloves with wire and duct tape. Also use real scissors, but be careful not to hurt yourself or others. Make sure the blades are secure and comfortable to wear.
Step 2: The Bodysuit
The next part is the bodysuit, which is a black leather or faux leather outfit with belts, buckles, and straps. You can either buy a ready-made one or make your own by cutting and sewing pieces of leather or fabric together. You can also use a black jacket and pants and add some accessories, such as belts, chains, and studs. The idea is to make the outfit look worn and patched, as if it was made by Edward himself.
Step 3: The Wig
The third part is the wig, which is a messy black hairstyle that covers the forehead and ears. You can either buy a wig or dye your own hair black and style it with gel or hairspray. You can also cut some bangs and layers to make it look more like Edward’s hair.
Step 4: The Makeup
The final part is the makeup, which is a pale and sunken face with dark circles under the eyes and scars on the cheeks. You can use white foundation, black eyeshadow, and red lipstick to create the look. You can also use a pencil or a brush to draw some stitches and cuts on the face. The makeup should make you look like you have been living in a dark and lonely castle for a long time.
How to Buy an Edward Scissorhands Costume
If you don’t have the time or the skills to make your own Edward Scissorhands costume, you can always buy one online or in a costume store. There are many options available, from deluxe and elite versions to women’s and kids’ versions. You can also find accessories, such as wigs, gloves, and boots, to complete the look.
Some of the websites that sell Edward Scissorhands costumes are:
- Amazon.com: This website has a variety of Edward Scissorhands costumes and accessories for men, women, and kids. You can find different sizes, prices, and quality levels. You can also read customer reviews and ratings to help you choose the best option.
- HalloweenCostumes: This website specializes in costumes for Halloween and other occasions. You can find a deluxe and an elite version of the Edward Scissorhands adult costume, as well as a women’s version. You can also find wigs, gloves, boots, and makeup to complete the look.
- CostumeBox: This website offers costumes and accessories for men and women, inspired by Edward Scissorhands. You can find sexy and gothic versions of the costume, as well as finger blades, wigs, and makeup.
- Joke: This website sells costumes and accessories for adults and kids, based on Edward Scissorhands. You can find detailed and top-quality costumes, as well as wigs, gloves, and makeup.
Edward Scissorhands is a memorable and beloved character that has inspired many fans to dress up like him. Whether you want to make your own costume or buy one online, you can find everything you need to transform into the gentle and creative man with scissors for hands. Have fun and enjoy your Edward Scissorhands costume!