Ginny and Georgia season 3: Find out everything there is to know about the future of the show.
To the delight of fans, Netflix announced earlier this year that it had renewed its hit show Genie & Georgia for a third and fourth season. Season 2 premiered in January 2023 and quickly topped the streamer’s charts, but after quite the cliffhanger, viewers immediately began to wonder if they would ever get answers.
In the end, they know they will. Created by Sarah Lampert, the series centres on 15-year-old Ginny (Antonia Gentry) and her 30-year-old mother Georgia (Brian Howe), who move to the seemingly idyllic small town of Wellesbury, Massachusetts, to plant roots. Georgia’s husband dies suddenly and leaves them a lot of money. But Georgia has a few skeletons in her closet.
Meanwhile, Welles bury promises a whole new life for young Ginny, who hasn’t lived in one place long enough to form any meaningful friendships. (This is for his 9-year-old half-brother, Austin, played by Diesel La Torraca.) He falls in with his neighbour Max (who meets Sarah Weis Glass), his friend group (known as “MANG”), and is attracted to Max’s troubled twin brother, Marcus (Felix Mallard).
Although Season 1 was met with some controversy over a poorly received Taylor Swift line and that infamous “Oppression Olympics” scene, Season 2 of Ginny and Georgia was widely praised for its honest portrayal of mental health and self-harm, with Gentry, Howe, and Mallard particularly praised by critics. Achieve performance.
In addition to renewing the title for a third and fourth season, Netflix announced on May 17 that the series will get a new showrunner, Sarah Glinsky (it was previously directed by Debra J. Fisher).
What can we expect for our peaches in Season 3?
Let’s dive into it! Will there be a season 3 of Ginny and Georgia? There really will be a season 3 of Ginny and Georgia. Fans of the programme are extremely relieved by the news, given that Season 2 ended on quite a cliffhanger. It’s no wonder Netflix came through. Season 2 sat at No. 1 on the Netflix Top 10 for four consecutive weeks, and, as of February 2023, it has been watched for over 500 million hours.
What is the release date of Genie and Georgia season 3?
We don’t know when Genie and Georgia season 3 will come out, but late 2024 seems like a possibility if the ongoing writers and actors strike doesn’t last too long. There was almost a two-year gap between seasons 1 and 2, but that gap was largely due to the pandemic. Still, fans of Ginny and Georgia know how to wait. Sigh.
Will there be a season 4 of Ginny and Georgia?
You sold! Netflix ordered season 4 along with season 3. Just to make your day.
How did season 2 of Ginny and Georgia end?
- At the end of season 2, Marcus breaks up with Ginny after falling into a depressive episode. Although Ginny is heartbroken and initially angry, she later offers her support to Marcus, telling him, “Even if we’re not together, I can be your friend.”
- In the shocking Season 2 finale, Georgia and Paul walk down the aisle and say, “I do.” However, their fairytale marriage falls apart when the police arrive and arrest Georgia for murdering Cynthia’s husband, Tom.
- Georgia secretly buries Tom when Cynthia confesses to her that she is ready for her husband—who has been ill for a long time and has been on life support—to suffer no more. (Mind you, this wasn’t Georgia’s first murder.)
- The arrest comes after private investigator Gabrielle learned from her boyfriend that Georgia was in the room when Tom died.
- Unknown to Georgia, her young son Austin had witnessed Tom’s death. “But I didn’t tell anyone,” Austin cries to a shocked Ginny as they watch as their mother is taken away in a police car. Poor kid.
What will happen to Ginny and Georgia in season 3?
- We still don’t know what will happen in Season 3, so no spoilers here. But we can expect to see the aftermath of Georgia’s arrest and what exactly happened.
- Although Marcus and Ginny have broken up, there’s no reason to assume their story is over. “I really don’t think Marcus and Ginny won’t be in each other’s lives,” said Felix Mallard to Deadline.
- I’m rooting for Marcus and Ginny because I believe their love will last forever, but whether that happens or not remains to be seen.” We’ll see what happens.”
- Overall, creator Sarah Lampert said we can expect season 3 to look “really different” from the previous two seasons.
- Because [Georgia] was a woman who was a superhero in what she did, and now she’s been caught,” Lampert explained to Deadline.
- It’s almost like taking down Superman. We’ll see if he can get out of this mess he’s gotten himself into.”
Has Ginny and Georgia been cast in season 3?
Most of the cast will likely return, including:
Antonia Gentry (Ginny)
- How will Genny cope with her mother’s arrest? Will he lean on Marcus and MANG for support? Will he turn to his father? Antonia Gentry will return as one half of the show’s titular duo to give fans the answers they need
Brian Hoey (Georgia)
- At the end of season 2, Georgia is arrested in the middle of a dance at her wedding to Paul. Will he go to jail for killing Tom? Brian Hoey, who recently welcomed his first child, will soon return to the role.
Diesel La Toraca (Austin)
- Ginny’s younger half-brother witnesses their mother’s crime. How will it affect him moving forward?
Sarah Weis glass (Max)
- Katie Douglas (Abby), Chelsea Clarke (Nora) Will MANG stay together in Season 3, or will the friend group experience further fragmentation ahead?
Felix Mallard (Marcus)
- Ginny and Marcus, the mysterious boy next door, break up in Season 2.
What is their future reunion?
Scott Porter (Paul)
- How will Georgia’s new husband, Paul, the good-natured town mayor, react to her arrest?
Raymond A black (Joe)
- Joe, owner of a local farm-to-table restaurant, is secretly in love with Georgia. Will he have feelings even after the arrest? (Maybe!)
Nathan Mitchell (Zion)
- Will Ginny’s father take on a bigger role in Georgia’s absence? Other potential returning cast members include Chelsea Clarke as Nora, Mason Temple as Hunter, Jennifer Roberton as Ellen, Sabrina Gradwich as Cynthia, Humberly Gonzalez as Sophie, and Caitlin Wells as Silver. Georgia’s ex-Gil (Aaron Ashmore) could potentially make a return.
Is a trailer for Ginny and Georgia Season 3 available?
- There’s no trailer for Season 3 yet, but we’ll drop it here as soon as it becomes available How many episodes are in Ginny and Georgia season 3?
- We don’t know how many episodes Ginny and Georgia season 3 will have. But seasons 1 and 2 each have 10 episodes, so if you’re betting, 10 seems safe.
Where to watch Ginny and Georgia season 3
Seasons 1 and 2 of Ginny & Georgia are available to stream (and binge!) on Netflix. Season 3 will also air on the platform.